We are pleased to announce the release of Bacula version 11.0.1 to both the Bacula website (www.bacula.org) and to SourceForge.
This is a major new release with many new features and a number of
changes. Please take care to test this code carefully before putting it into
production. Although the new features have been tested, they have not run in a
As always, both the Director and Storage daemon(s) must be upgraded at
the same time. Any File daemon running on the same machine as a Director
or Storage daemon must be of the same version.
Older File Daemons should be compatible with the 11.0 Director and Storage
daemons. There should be no need to upgrade older File Daemons.
New Catalog format in version 11.0 and greater
This release of Bacula uses a new catalog format. We provide a set of scripts
that permit to convert a 9.x and earlier versions to the new 11.0.0 format
(1023). Normally, it is automatic, though this is a big change that takes
longer than usual. The upgrade process will require more or less twice the
size of the actual database.
This database upgrade should significantly increase performance when inserting
large number of Jobs with lots of Files into the database catalog.
If you start from scratch, you don’t need to run the update_bacula_tables
script because the create_bacula_tables script automatically creates the new
table format. However, if you are using a version of Bacula older than 5.0.0
(e.g. 3.0.3) then you need to run the update_bacula_tables script that will be
found in the bacula/src/cats directory after you run the ./configure command.
As mentioned above, before running this script, please backup your catalog
database, and when you do running it, be sure shutdown Bacula and be aware that
running the script can take some time depending on your database size.
Release 11.0.1 04 February 2021
11.0.1 is a minor bug fix release.
– Add PGSQL detection for macOS and MacPorts.
– BEE Backport bacula/src/tools/dbcheck.c
– Fix #7079 About a segfault in a copyjob when the fileset is no longer defined
– Fix #7168 About incorrect start time displayed for canceled jobs not yet
– Fix #7207 About ‘dbcheck -n’ not working properly
– Fix #7214 Adapt mtx-changer.conf for GNU cpio mt version
– Fix #7247 About incorrect variable substitution with the query command
– Fix MySQL update procedure with incorrect handling of the FileIndex type
– Fix compilation warnings with Solaris Studio
– Fix copy/migration job selection
– Fix org#2579 About incorrect JSON generated from empty Messages resource
– Fix org#2587 Improve btraceback output
– Fix org#2588 About incorrect Object/ObjectId type in update_postgresql_tables
– Fix update_sqlite3_tables to upgrade from 9.6 to 11.0
– Initialize StartTime in db_create_job_record()
– Remove deprecated sbrk in macOS and Windows.
– Use PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG macro to search for pkg-config. It is cross-compile
– alist: Fix for memory overflow access.
– baculum: Add capability to create filedaemon console and schedule on new
– baculum: Add console messages log API endpoint
– baculum: Add console messages log envelope
– baculum: Add job status weather on job list page
– baculum: Add new icons for job status weather purpose
– baculum: Add to Bvfs lsdirs and lsfiles API endpoints pathid parameter
– baculum: Browser paths in restore browser using pathid
– baculum: Fix #2560 in restore wizard display names encoded in non-UTF encoding
– baculum: Fix finding jobs by filename in restore wizard if filename contains
– baculum: Fix problem with setting hourly schedule – reported by Elias Pereira
– baculum: Remove excanvas.js dependency
– baculum: Update debian files to latest version
– baculum: Update spec files
– win32: Backport signing procedures to 11.0
– win32: Fix #7094 bypass random pwd generation when pwd is provided
– win32: Fix conditional #define’s
– win32: Fix #7256 Update Windows version detection with latest versions
Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
2560 2579 2587 2588 7079 7094 7168 7207 7214 7247 7256
Release 11.0.0 12 December 2020
11.0.0 is a major release.
– New catalog format
– Automatic TLS PSK encrypted communication
– Support for Client behind NAT
– Continious Data Protection (CDP) Plugin
– Global Director Autoprune flag
– Events/Audit features
– New Baculum features
– Support for GPFS
– New Prune Command Option
– Dynamic Client Address Directive
– Ability to disable Volume Retention
– Ask to mount/create volume when the disk space is low
– Simplification of the Windows FileSet with File=/
– Use of QT5 for Bat on Windows
– Support for Windows files with non-UTF16 names
– Windows Snapshot management has been improved
– Support for the system.cifs_acl extended attribute backup with Linux CIFS
– Built-in Client Scheduler
– Reload command improvements (Keep IP address, Maximum Concurrent value, …)
– Support for GLOB pattern in Console ACL directives
– Faster CRC32 algorithm
Please see the New Features chapter of the manual for documentation on
the new features.