We are pleased to announce the release of Bacula version 9.4.0.
This is a major release (currently a Beta release) comprised of more than 13,000 lines of differences since version 9.2.2. It has updates to Baculum and small number of bug fixes and back ports from Bacula Systems Enterprise since version 9.2.2, but primarily it has two new features …
The main new feature is the addition support for using Amazon S3 (and other *identical* S3 providers), and WORM tape cassettes. Note: Azur, Oracle S3,and Goggle S3 are not compatible with Amazon S3.
Please note that there is a new Bacula Cloud white paper that goes into detail on how to use the new Bacula Cloud S3 driver.
Before putting the S3 driver into production, please test carefully both backups and especially restores.
– Add copyright and correct name on stop-restart-test
– Fix #4449 about an incorrect pool selected with the restart command
– Fix #4386 About incorrect permission on directories after a restore with
– Fix bug #4379 certain fields of Media record not reset after Truncate command
– Revert “Update bdirjson.c”
– Improve volume truncation error messages
– Free ids buffer
– Update PO files
– Initial version and date update
– Initial cut of ChangeLog and ReleaseNotes
– Add use_dcr_only in cloud_dev.c so that manual truncate works
– More Enterprise backports
– More Enterprise backports + changes to the backporting
– Minor backport from Enterprise + my own changes
– Update bdirjson.c
– Add pseudo WORM support for vtape
– worm: Fix multiple display of the WORM Recycle message
– Add first cut cloud drivers
– Use bfopen in place of fopen
– Fix #3574 Add “clients” option to the “help list” output
– Add makedir() in fd_common.h
– Add bfile is_plugin_data() API
– Fix issue between FO_PORTABLE and FO_PORTABLE_DATA
– Fix NOATTR detection
– Implement worm cassette support
– Make detection of duplicate M_SECURITY messages work
– Remove unused prototype recv(len)
– Add new security monitoring test
– Implement new message numbers in stored/block.c
– Fix incorrectly indicating: malformed message
– Fix bugs #2335 and #2349 Volume messages printed many times
– Add new test for bug printing many multiple Max Volume jobs= info
– Add worning message about failure to update volume info
– Improve error messages when JobMedia errors
– Fix complier warning due to unused subroutine variable
– Fix bug #2334 seg fault when releasing globals
– Security: sleep(5) on error + aggregating identical messages
– Update sellist unittests.
– Update unittests for lockmgr.c and fix memory leak.
– Update unittests fir ConfigFile/ini.c.
– Update ‘rm -f’ for libtool $(RMF).
– Correct libs/Makefile.in separator.
– Update htable unittests.
– Update sha1 unittests. [ReleaseNotes] IQ
– Add fnmatch unittests.
– Update unit tests and add regression tests for it.
– Fix escaping special characters in bvfs restore for sqlite catalog
– Add new manual test
– baculum: Do not store any main oauth2 client nor main http basic user in api
– Fix tls_bsock_shutdown() compilation when no TLS available.
– Fix bsock compilation warning.
– Fix bsock compilation problem in *BSD.
– Permit negative FileIndex values in the catalog
– Fix format string is not a string literal (potentially insecure).
– baculum: Update Japanese translation files
– baculum: Fix availability web config wizard when there is problem with access
– baculum: Add new size directive control
– baculum: Fix basic auth user setting in API install wizard
– baculum: Fix undefined index error on web config wizard page
– baculum: Fix #2418 creating or updating new resource
– baculum: Fix size unit formatters in restore browser reported by Wanderlei
– baculum: Fix logging output if it is not possible to decode to json
– baculum: Improve error handling in web part
– baculum: Fix formatted size and time values on the volume details page
– baculum: Fix saving logs when an error occurs
– baculum: API panel and wizard improvements
– baculum: Add name field to api client parameters
Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
2334 2335 2418 3574 4379 4386 4449